Our Reopening Plans
Before we launch into telling you all about our exciting plans to reopen we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continuing support and encouragement.
It’s been a difficult few months for everyone so let’s hope that, with some precautionary measures we can get back to normal as quickly and safely as possible.
The safety of our staff and customers is paramount and we are confident that this is reflected in our new customer and operational procedures. Everyone has their part to play in ensuring that risk is kept to a minimum and to that effect we will make sure that you’re all aware of the ‘rules and regulations’ prior to and during our reopening.
“When are you opening back up?”
We hope to be re-opening early in July but have yet to receive confirmation. We’ll make sure you’re all kept informed via our website, social media and signage.
“What will happen when you do open?”
- For patient and staff safety we will be operating a locked door, appointment only system. You will be required to make an appointment for sight tests, collections, adjustments and everything else.
- Before your appointment we will phone to check whether you or your family is experiencing coronavirus symptoms and will ask you some questions to help us minimise risk.
- We will provide hand sanitiser at the entrance to the practice and you may also be asked to wash your hands.
- Once inside the practice we will ask you to refrain from touching surfaces. As it is a ‘one out, one in’ system our doors will remain locked.
- In the test room there are some tests that Jan won’t be able to carry out as they could increase the risk of virus transmission, so the test routine may be rather different. Be assured that Jan will still carry out necessary checks to ensure the health of your eyes and determine an accurate correction for your vision.
“What do I need to do?”
- If you or anyone in your household has symptoms please stay at home.
- We ask that you arrive promptly for your appointments so that you and everyone else can receive full and proper attention. Please understand that we will need appropriate time to disinfect in between patients.
- Our appointment system ensures that we can safely give you one to one attention during your visit.
- We will require everyone to wear a face mask in order to gain entry to the practice. This is compulsory; no mask means no entry.
- We also request that you bring your own pen to sign forms, where necessary.
- We ask that people come alone to minimise risk. If a carer is needed then please limit that to one person only.
- When looking at frames Jo will assist you, so again please do not touch the frames until Jo gives them to you. Any frames that you touch will be sanitised before they are put back out. We may fit your glasses on ordering so that we can post your glasses out to you, to minimise visits to the practice.
“What about eye tests?”
- In the test room there are some tests that I am not allowed to do as they could increase the risk of virus transmission, so the test routine may be rather different. I will still do any necessary checks to ensure that I check the health of your eyes and determine an accurate correction for your vision.
- When I carry out checks that require me to get closer than 2 metres I will ask that you don’t talk, again to minimise risk.
Please take the time to carefully read through this and get in touch if you have any queries. We want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all again soon, so stay posted for news of our reopening date.
In the meantime if you have an ocular emergency or a query about your glasses please contact us on 01693 21160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.